PEACEFUL AND CHAOS

Peaceful and chaos



I come with no wrapping or pretty pink bows.
I am who I am, from my head to my toes.
I tend to get loud when speaking my mind.
Even a little crazy some of the time. (...)
By S Raine.

I always had a thing for this poem. This poem is really heart-touching. It moved me to the core. You realize as you grow up how people try so hard to fit in society and be normal. I've always disregarded being "normal." What's the point? Why would I be someone I am not? People nowadays have lost their personalities. They no longer live according to who they are, but according to what others say they are.  

The poem is a message for a change in our society. Young people live by what people say they are and not by who they want to be. Years ago we were told, "Be yourself!" So many young girls struggle these days to be what they see, not who they are. So it was very rare to see people writing about stuff like self-confidence and how much of a struggle it is to go being yourself without being affected by what other people describe you. 
In a personal manner I think it is very relatable, it describes me a lot because I tend to be someone who I knew I wasn't, but I was anyway. It helped me understand myself more. It really inspired me this poem throughout my life and deciding that no one can change me but me. However, I'm not saying I'm no longer struggling with this. We should be proud of who we are. We should not try to change ourselves in order to please someone. We should be always thankful and satisfied with what we have because many people in this world are struggling for the blessings we have today, and sadly we often don't realize it.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

CHEMA MADOZ

LIGHTNING

PERCEPTION